Coastal Oasis of Tropical Trail offers tips to keep your landscaping looking great all year round.
Use these smart watering tips will have your plants and trees looking amazing in no time!
- Water plants deeply, but less frequently, to encourage deep root growth and drought tolerance.
- Use drip irrigation or soaker hoses for shrubs and trees to reduce evaporation and apply water directly to the root. Consider installing a timer so you don’t have to remember to turn the water off.
- Use a rain barrel, storage tank or buckets to capture rainwater from your downspouts for use in watering your garden.
- Water in the morning or evening when temperatures are cooler to minimize evaporation.
- Adjust sprinklers and drip irrigators so only your lawn is watered and not the house, sidewalk, or street. Regularly inspect irrigation systems to make sure they’re working properly.